I Can't Write You A Poem

So I was going to write you a poem 
But then I realized it was no use
Because words are too weak a medium
To express how blessed I am to have you in my life
I was going to put down some rhymes
But it didn't feel right
Because you see through my rhetoric
Can guess through my facade
Differentiate my wild crabgrass feelings from a preordered sod
You don't know the poet
You know me
You can detect when I'm trying to reflect or flee
And start reeling in my feelings before I can tell they exist
And my reception to people with your level of perception
Is usually fear
But with you I feel the safest
Because you manage to tape my shattered shape back together
And show me that even if we can't grab some shards that doesn't mean it weathered
And I'm tethered to you
Orbiting around you like a planet dancing beside the sun
Which is perfectly appropriate because you are radiant
Thoughtful in every gradient
Creative at every angle
You know how to communicate 
When all I can do is strangle
The situation with words
Drown it in punctuation and alliteration
I'm just trying to survive
And you want to save our generation
Reform the norm with a storm of understanding
And whenever we're together I start handing over the best pieces of myself
Because spending time with you is how I gain wealth
For you are my safe
The thing that saves me
Razor that shaves me
Tears off my anxieties
I love you 
Because you make me love myself
I don't have to be afraid
That I won't be good enough under society's blade
You are the cascade of aid that cannot fade
The crayon that strayed outside the lines
The only holy crusade
And what you mean to me can't be weighed in mere words
Because our moments together can't be degraded into speech
I refuse to bleach our relationship 
White out the shout of love underneath
For how much I cherish a person like you cannot be conveyed
So I'm sorry but your poem
Is going to be delayed.

Comments

Popular Posts