Momentous


The moment inspiration wanders into my mind
Ecstasy creeps over me
And I become free of these anxieties
And varieties of thoughts and ideas I cannot grasp
I begin to wrap myself
Within a wealth of poetry
And creativity
Glory shifts to close proximity
An affinity for exceptionality
Enters the vicinity of my vision.

The moment inspiration wanders into my mind
It’s like nuclear fission
Producing valued energy
With which I can create something
Something that can impact me
Something that can impact you
Something that will impact many or few
Something will create a stew of celebration
And innovation.

For the moment inspiration wanders into my mind
I happen to find
A piece of me
That is greater than anyone expected
And that is reflected
In poems like these
That spread through me
Like a beneficial disease
That strengthen my knees

Yes the moment inspiration wanders into my mind
So does war
Because I have something worth fighting for
And some secret weapon
That is stored with in the cells of my soul

When I encounter inspiration
I should stop drop and roll
Because I find an internal fire
That refuses to tire until I’ve created something
Until I’ve grown a pair of silver wings
And submerged myself in romantic flings
With poetry.

So I’m going to thank you
For you have stimulated this moment
You have opened the hidden door in my skull
That allowed inspiration to leap into the crevices of my brain
For you are my refrain of romance and hope
You are the soap
That cleanses my worn form
You are the raging storm
That closes school and gives extra hours to do finish my biology assignment
But compels me to write anyway
You are a cold that won’t go away
And I’m fine with that because
Because if I were Dr. Seuss
You’d be the cat for my hat
And for all my life I’ve sat
Waiting
For that glorious instant to occur
When something will stir inspiration from its sleep
And you’ve exhumed it, regardless of how deep it’s buried itself

And it’s those magical moments
I spend with you
Those instants inject me with life’s greatest wealth:
A subject
A purpose to write about
To fight about
To take some matches and ignite about
And there is no doubt
That these seconds shared with you
Make my moments of inspiration
Less few
And I think that is why I’m beginning to love you
Because when we are together
We don’t simply create moments
We create memories
And what are those?

They are moments sprinkled with magic
The ones that resonate with you
Whether they be elucidating or tragic
When the world seems stagnant
Within a moment
Especially within a moment embellished by your presence
The universe can be effervescent
Things can transform
Things like me
You see
A collection of moments
Have inspired me
To create this poetry
And that is what makes them so fantastic
Powerful and drastic
Moments are the root of all artistry
The conception of all reflection
And introspection
They give us the power to do

Meaningful moments are the planes that flew
All our great pioneers into the realm of discovery
And revision
They are the vision behind all innovation
They are a sensation
Whether they be the first time our lips collided
Or the final wave goodbye
Moments are the things that make me shy
When I’m around you
Because they brew
A rare potion of emotion
That connects us
And erects us from quiescence

 It’s the meek girl’s raised hand
The exuberant strum of the marching band
The first word that escapes the poet’s mouth
The second we evict doubt
The peace declaration
The wedding preparation
The election celebration
The baby shower invitation
The spring of a jump
The silly collapse on your rump
The simplicity of an abandoned stump
Oatmeal’s perfect lumps
The perfect harmony of a symphony and you and me
The innocent prisoner set free
The chorus of ABC

Each define us
Each refine us
Each design us
And we must
Cherish them
Like children
Or jewels
For they are the tools the universe uses
To make this life the only game of risk
Where no player loses.

Comments

Popular Posts