For More Than Poetry

Welcome to my poetry blog! Please visit my Official Website, for films, visual art, published prose and other news!

Trending Poems

Friday, December 30, 2011

Onto Deeper Waters

Here's a little something I wrote during math. Enjoy!



Onto Deeper Waters
I’ve got these currents of words
Streaming through my head
My English teacher calls it poetry
But I know it’s something more
Because the warmth is so strong I find its gravity pulling me to the floor
And for a mere second the reasons for my existence are sure
For every time I let these creeks of words drip onto a page
I feel saved
And brave
I’m dancing in the sunshine
Everything is just fine
I don’t feel a need to rewind
All those words that spilled from my peach lips
Instead of my wrinkled fingertips
Because I know that these poems
Can polish the jagged angles and broken glass
That can sometimes define the past
And these poems are something that will last
And although I could never run fast
The instant I write this
I can fly
I can feel
All the bliss
That so many miss
That this life has to offer
So I swim in these streams
Of poetry rushing through the boulders of my body
And I know that in these translucent warm waters
I will never drown
Because all alone inside the waters of my mind
I am finally found
And one day I’m going to find the ocean
Purify my soul in the waves’ commotion
Listen to my heartbeat’s true sound
I will no longer flee but
Follow that urge
And submerge
And be free
And finally see
That the essence rippling through this sea
Is the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Ariel is available and interested in anything creative!
For spoken word performances & workshops, web & graphic design, or other writing/film projects please contact via email at arielsob@usc.edu.
New York & Los Angeles work preferred!