For More Than Poetry

Welcome to my poetry blog! Please visit my Official Website, for films, visual art, published prose and other news!

Trending Poems

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Only For Now


When I hear the words
Together we can
I don’t think about halting the oppression plaguing the world like bedbugs on our sheets
Or the tyranny grasping the souls of the innocent
When I listen to that phrase
I only hear you and me
Because boiling in my soul I know that together we can
Make each other’s hearts flutter
Like the vibrating wings of a hummingbird
And make our juvenile tongues stutter
And that’s fine, because the words spoken by our eyes are already heard
And that together
I won’t need to spend my time decaying in Sephora buying blush
Because when I’m beside you
My smile tingles
My emotions mingle
And I am in a whirlpool of waterfalls and bowling balls
Crashing through my chest
Because every moment with you is a rush
I know that together I would never feel lost
In this labyrinth of life
Because you would always be there
Devouring shadows and flicking on the light
Hidden in a crevice in my mind
One that gets lost in the darkness
One you always seem to find
I know that together
I’ll never feel foul or feeble
Or just plain senseless or wrong
Because when you speak
You say I’m beautiful: eyelashes thick, speech strong
Because your voice runs along
Through me like a symphony
A brilliant bird’s song
Rippling through my heart
Together we can.
But for now, we’re apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Ariel is available and interested in anything creative!
For spoken word performances & workshops, web & graphic design, or other writing/film projects please contact via email at arielsob@usc.edu.
New York & Los Angeles work preferred!