For More Than Poetry

Welcome to my poetry blog! Please visit my Official Website, for films, visual art, published prose and other news!

Trending Poems

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dirty Little Secret

Enjoy this poem, it's inspired by a song by the All American Rejects.

I’ve been your dirty little secret
I wish I could tell everyone I’m more than another regret
The feeling when we’re alone, I wish I could keep it
But for now I’m just a dirty little secret

And yes I know
We’re trying to survive
These fragile lives
I have one thing to ask, to do
Am I just wasting my time with you?

Don’t let me be something you’ve thrown away
I know that this is more than a game we play
I’m not the only one who has to know

Stop making me a dirty little secret
Keep going and I know you’re going to regret
I’m the perfect girl you failed to have kept
Your lovely dirty little secret

And I know
The way I feel inside
And you can’t deny
These romantic thoughts won’t lie
Because I swear mine refuse to hide
They’re shattering me apart
Push down that peddle it’s time to start
Honk those horns, be brave and beep it
And make me more than a dirty little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Ariel is available and interested in anything creative!
For spoken word performances & workshops, web & graphic design, or other writing/film projects please contact via email at arielsob@usc.edu.
New York & Los Angeles work preferred!