For More Than Poetry

Welcome to my poetry blog! Please visit my Official Website, for films, visual art, published prose and other news!

Trending Poems

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fishing Hearts

If I wanted to play games
I would've gone to a damn arcade
I thought we were fishing hearts
Why the hell are you pulling out a spade
My mind tells me that if I had any smarts
I’d see that this was merely a ploy to get laid
But I’m hooked
You’re the perfect bait
You know I was a shooting arrow?
Flying straight
To a fresh target
Now you reeled my spirit in
Made me a boomerang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Ariel is available and interested in anything creative!
For spoken word performances & workshops, web & graphic design, or other writing/film projects please contact via email at arielsob@usc.edu.
New York & Los Angeles work preferred!