Silent Conversations

The right words fall on me as soon as the conversation has ended
Whenever I’m with you
I think it’s because
Whenever we talk
You’re conversing with 3 people

HIM
            I really like her.
MY HEART
            I really like you.
HIM
            We kissed.
MY HEAD
            Why aren’t you kissing me?
HIM
            I think I’m going to try and be casual.
ME
            She doesn’t seem too serious about anything.
MY HEAD
            You should be with someone serious.
MY HEART
            You should be with me.

I think I can never tell you how I feel
Because I don’t know how to scream over so many voices
But I like the way you smile a lot
Especially the one you make when you’re having these private moments
I like how sometimes I can get you to share them with me
I like how you look good with both your glasses on and off
How somehow listening to you talk about someone else
Makes me fall harder
I like that neither of us make sense
But we make something
Even if it’s just silence.

Comments

Popular Posts